Sunday, February 25, 2007

Invitation to Next Bible Group - Journey to Jerusalem

We’ve completed the Bible 101 Group that we started back in January as a New Year’s Resolution. It was a great deal of fun for me and several of you attended (15!) or contacted me saying you really wanted to attend (another 12!). We learned a lot together and had some very provocative and spirited conversations. All of us agreed that spending this kind of time together with our neighbors and friends was refreshingly fun and meaningful. And, best of all, there are several who want to continue getting together.

That group has decided to forge ahead and do an exploration during this Christian series of Lent on the four Gospel narratives of the last week of Jesus’ life, known today as Holy Week. This is a great time to jump in for the next five weeks to do a concentrated study comprising the Jewish roots of Christianity as well as the story at the heart of the Christian faith.

Starting tomorrow the Monday group will begin that study from 12 noon until 1:30. We meet at my house and there is plenty of room around the table for more to join us. This is an open group and it’s not too late for you to get involved!! See above "Journey to Jerusalem" for weekly lesson plan. (You can also see the lesson plans for the Bible 101 group that we completed as well as a timeline for this new session.)

If the Monday time slot doesn’t work for you, please email me and let me know. Last time a couple of folks did that, and as a result we formed an additional Thursday evening group. That second time slot is up in the air, depending on who would like to attend and available times, so please email me ASAP if you would like to attend, but can’t come Mondays, and would like to work out an alternative day/time.

Also, if you’re still interested in Bible 101 as a primer before doing anything different, let me know that. I would be open to leading that again for a new group that would form.

I'm open to your ideas about what, if anything, you would be interested in exploring in the context of community. And, as always, feel free to bring a friend or pass this blog address along – I know I don’t have contact info for everyone I’d like to invite!

Peace and Blessings,
Jennifer

No comments: