Sunday, February 1, 2009

Time to Get Back to Blogging

For every thing there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven. So says 'Kohelth', the writer of Ecclesiastes in Chapter 3, vs. 1. That pretty much describes where I am right now - reconciling myself to the fact that I am entering a time for a change of season. Maybe it is entirely appropriate that life events would shift in the way they have in the midst of winter. Sitting here in the darkest season of the year with a layer of ice-covered snow on the ground seems just about right. But what that means is that it is also a time for nesting with my family, for sitting and thinking, and for giving great thanks every time the sun comes out with strength and begins the process of melting the snow and ice - even if it leaves things a bit muddy in the meantime.

Spring will come. For now the seeds sit in the dark soil of the earth, waiting.

My new mantra: Secrets are the seeds of dysfunction.

My prayer: God I know that this matter is 'under Heaven' and that as your light shines brighter, your truth grows stronger. Be with me in the darkness and cold. Help me to remember and more deeply know the truth of your Gospel: "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it." Neither shall the darkness overcome your light now. Amen.

No comments: